Friday, November 20, 2009

Dinner in the City!


So, getting on with news on this fantastic trip...tonight several sewists who regularly blog or post on Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review got together for dinner. Can you imagine that we found enough to talk about for 3 hours that it seemed like 15 minutes? It was a great time.


At dinner, from left Carolyn, Robin, me, Mardel, Claudine, LindsayT, and NancyK
Click on their name for links to each blogger.

It's late and I'm really tired, and I've got class again all day tomorrow, so I'm just going to leave you with this teaser pic and tell you that more pics will be coming and that you can probably read more from each of these amazing women.

Go see Mardels blog to see what she's doing in class. She's going to be writing about the muslin process she's going through. I can tell you, it's been really interesting to watch.
Don't know if Robin will be blogging tonight at all about the coat process.
Meanwhile, I've finally gotten my jacket cut out and have started the underlay process.
I hope to get to posting about the process tomorrow.

Thanks for all your thoughts and input on friendships that you've developed on the net.

11 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

D*mn you are quick! *LOL* I had a great time tonight! It was sooooo much fun to get to spend time and talk to each of these wonderful women. We may have sewing in common but that is just the starting point to these friendships. Thanks again for getting us all together!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on the class and all you have been doing with online sewing friends. How fun.

Lindsay T said...

It was all just TOO MUCH FUN! Ditto what Carolyn said, Marji. You have got to come to NYC more often!

a little sewing on the side said...

I have a long list of things to thank you for marji, lol, but thank you (AND Mardel!) for hanging with me til I got a cab last night.
What a wonderful experience to be in this exciting city with a great group of women.
As tired as I was, I still wasn't ready to leave when the time came for everyone to catch their trains.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

You all look great.

Summerset said...

You've had an awesome week! It is really fun getting to see what you've been up to recently.

Cindy said...

What a special night! sounds like a wonderful time. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Debbie Cook said...

Oh how fun!!

Michelle said...

What a great group of ladies! I hope you are having a great trip, it looks like you are having a fantastic time.

seamsseweasy said...

Would love to see an up close picture of Claudine's skirt. Trying to figure out what it's made of??????
Diane

Linda said...

OMG, this is what I get for disappearing into the black hole of my own life. I missed reading about this as it happened! It looks like you had a great time. I can recognize most of the gals from Stitchers Guild and other blogs. How awesome that you got the chance to get together. And to take such take such a wonderful workshop too. I'll have to come back to the internet world and keep an eye out for the chance to take this workshop myself. I'll have all the blog posts about it to keep me inspired. Thanks for sharing.