Saturday, November 14, 2009

On the Road....and Sew Baby!

After packing, before getting on the plane on Thurs.
Pattern: Vogue 1035 - Alice and Olivia. Love the draft. This is the second time I've made this pattern, however these were cut back in the Spring, and I needed to recut and take in and take in, which distorted the line a bit. I finished these last week amid my sewing frenzy.
Fabric: A silk herringbone from Fabric Mart that wrinkles like the devil. These did not travel well. Heck, look at them just after packing, they did not fare well in the wearing just to pack.

*********************


Coming to you from Atlanta GA this AM. Unfortunately, due to technical problems, the pictures I wanted to upload will have to wait til this evening, Please check back. Good stuff in store.
For this week, I'll be playing "Where's Waldo" as I plane and train hop. As I said in an earlier post - time to meet some more of those sewing bloggers....

And, on to regular programming:


I bring you an interlude:
Sophie of the big brown eyes, my favorite big girl niece, this is for you.

insert garment pics


Pattern: SewBaby Twirl Top and Pant
Made as a class sample for a class I"ll be teaching at The Quilted Fox in February.
The pattern is simple and goes together beautifully.

What I love about this pattern: It's printed on tissue paper and is multi-size, yet each size is printed individually. No complicated deciphering of which line to cut, no tracing in order to preserve the next size in the envelope. This, IMO, is especially valuable in a pattern designed for a toddler where you are likely to want to use a pattern multiple times and sew more than one size.

Fabric: A selection of quilting cottons. This outfit calls for 1 yd of the primary fabric and then 1/3 yd of 4 coordinating fabrics.

6 comments:

Mardel said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I love the pants. Sorry the fabric isn't working out as hoped. They look so good on you.

How nice that the pattern for Sophie's outfit is printed individually for each size. That is usally my biggest gripe if I want to make multiple sizes from one pattern.

Have fun travelling.

Cindy said...

Fun pants! Have a safe trip.

gwensews said...

Your patns look great. You are getting so thin! Congratulatons! The little girl's outfit is just awesome!

toy said...

wow Marji, you look so tiny in these pants, they fit great

sensoussi said...

So nice association of fabrics, congratulation!