Monday, November 16, 2009

Today, it's Baltimore

I'm coming to you today from Cidell's.
We're working on fitting a pant pattern for her and some general other stuff.

AND I'm about to start on my muslin for the Sit and Sew in NYC given by Susan Khalje and Kenneth King that I'll be joining along with Mardel and Robin.

At the sit and Sew I plan to get help re-fitting this jacket.
I began this project too long ago to recount and got distracted for reasons I can't quite remember. Anyway, I fit the muslin to myself, cut it apart and used the muslin as pattern and cut the houndstooth. Then I mounted the houndstooth onto the underlining - and that's as far as I got. Now I've lost 25 lbs, and have been exercising to the point that Anything fit to me as far back as 2006 will no longer work. I really want this to work. So, today I'm basting it together in the hopes that Susan and Kenneth will have some fitting magic that will let me finish this jacket. I'd like to wear it to Katies graduation next month.
After getting it fit I'll take the project home and finish making it there.

Because I have a project in mind for this class. And I lugged all the materials with me. And I've had conversation with Kenneth King and he's going to help me to sew with the fur. I've never sewn with fur before.
The project proposal:



So, look for a post later tonight on Cidell's and my Adventures of this coming afternoon.
Cidell has graciously agreed to document the whole pattern drafting and fitting process. It'll be fun!

10 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I don't think I like either one of you right now!!! Enjoy the day!

Nancy K said...

25 pounds!? Wow, good for you. Your last post showed how fabulous you look.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

That jacket is going to be gorgeous! I think the fur is going to look great on it.

25 lbs!!!!! Way to go girl. So, how've you been doing it?!

Lindsay T said...

That pattern looks similar to some men's fur jackets Kenneth has made, so he should be a big help to you. You guys are going to have a great time in this class. Tell Cidell I say hi. See ya soon.

Vicki said...

Ooh, how exciting. I am so jealous (of it all). Today I go to my boring accountant's office to do boring accounting....sigh!!!

Trudy Callan said...

How awesome for you!

Mardel said...

Wow that is fabulous. And I am jealous too, but mostly because you have been working out and I have been slacking. You look great and I really hope that black and white jacket can be saved.

Linda said...

Wow, this will be an adventure in sewing!

Dana said...

I have a really bad case of sewer's envy. Have a great time!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Congratulations ! You look great.